|Parent company||Audi AG|
|Assembly||Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy|
|Body style(s)||2-door coupé|
|Layout||Mid-engine, four-wheel drive|
|Engine(s)||6.5 L (400 cu in) V12|
6-speed manual transmission
|Wheelbase||2,665 mm (104.9 in)|
|Length||4,700 mm (190 in)|
|Width||2,058 mm (81.0 in)|
|Height||1,135 mm (44.7 in)|
The Lamborghini Reventón (pronounced /ˌrɛvənˈtoʊn/, Spanish pronunciation: [ɾeβenˈton]) is a mid-engined sports car that debuted at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show. It is currently the most powerful and expensive Lamborghini road car to date, costing one million euros. The official press release states that only 20 examples will be released to the public, with a single car (0/20) produced for the Lamborghini Museum. Although early rumours indicated the total number would actually be 100, each Reventón is clearly stamped with its number in the sequence of 20 between the drivers and passengers seats.
Although the exterior is all new, almost all the mechanical elements (including the engine) are taken directly from the Murciélago LP640. According to the official press release, the exterior styling was inspired by "the fastest airplanes". To emphasize this, Lamborghini staged a race between a Reventón and a Panavia Tornado fighter plane.
Initial reports suggest that the 6.5 L (400 cu in) V12 may receive a power boost of approximately 20 bhp (15 kW), bringing the new output to 660 bhp (490 kW). In spite of this, and the car's carbon fibre components, the Reventón accelerates to 100 km/h (62 mph) in the same time as the Murciélago LP640 (3.4 seconds). The car is capable of reaching a maximum speed of over 340 km/h (210 mph).
The instrument panel in the Reventón comprises three TFT liquid crystal displays (LCDs) with two different display modes. The instruments are housed in a structure milled from a solid aluminium block, protected by a carbon fiber casing. The G-Force-Meter is completely new and it is one of the talking points of the Reventón. It displays the dynamic drive forces, longitudinal acceleration during acceleration and braking, as well as transversal acceleration around bends. These forces are represented by the movement of an indicator on a graduated 3D grid depending on the direction and intensity of the acceleration. Formula One teams also use a similar device to analyze dynamic forces.
By simply pressing a button, the driver can switch to the second, quasi-analog display, where there are the usual circular instruments; speedometer and tachometer. The G-Force-Meter still remains at the center of this display mode.
Lamborghini has also picked up some of parent company Audi's design language. The Reventón is the first Lamborghini to incorporate daylight running lights into the headlamps. Seven Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) at each headlamp flank the Bi-Xenon main beam and they stay lit whenever the car is in movement. Due to the high temperatures in the rear lower part of the car, special heatproof LEDs are used for the indicator and hazard lights, stoplights and rear lights with a triple arrow optical effect.
The Reventón is named after a fighting bull in keeping with Lamborghini tradition. The bull, owned by the Don Rodríguez family, was best known for killing famed bullfighter Félix Guzmán in 1943. Reventón means "explosion" or "burst" in Spanish, when used as a noun. In the vernacular, it is also used to define a very large party or a night on the town. It's commonly said "vámonos de reventón", which means "let's go party tonight." In automotive terms, it means "blowout, flat tire" when used as a noun. When it was used as the name of a bull, however, it was intended to be interpreted as an adjective, a quality or property of that bull in particular. Then Reventón means "he who seems to be about to burst".
The first car went to Lamborghini of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Car #3 was sold in an eBay auction and was delivered to a Californian buyer.
In 2008-11-20, Lamborghini announced the last Lamborghini Reventón was delivered to to a British customer of the official Midlands dealer, Lamborghini Birmingham. However, CarsUK's later report disputed the official claim, and revealed that the car #20 was delivered to Houston Lamborghini in United States.
- "languagehat.com: PRONOUNCED LIKE B.". 2007-11-12. http://www.languagehat.com/archives/002938.php. Retrieved on 2008-07-29. "...the closest thing to an accurate pronunciation of the Spanish word, unless you're a Spanish speaker, is re-ven-TOHN."
- "2007 Frankfurt Auto Show: Lamborghini Reventon". Edmunds (blog). http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3347. Retrieved on 2007-09-12. [unreliable source?]
- "Lamborghini Reventon: Outrageous, But One Million Euros Outrageous?". Motive Magazine. http://www.motivemag.com/pub/news/Outrageous_But_One_Million_Euros_Outrageous.shtml. Retrieved on 2007-09-12.
- First Drive: 2008 Lamborghini Reventon
- YouTube - Lamborghini Reventon Mazda RX-9 - Fast Lane Daily - 02Jan08
- $1 Million Dollar Lamborghini Reventon - Dieselstation Exotic Car Pictures and Wallpapers - Fuel For Your Desktop
- "Lamborghini Reventón". sybarites. http://www.sybarites.org/2007/09/11/lamborghini-reventon/. Retrieved on 2007-09-12.
- Reventon : inspired by the fastest airplanes
- Lamborghini Reventon vs Tornado Jet Fighter
- "2008 Lamborghini Reventon". Serious Wheels. 2007. http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2008/top-2008-Lamborghini-Reventon.htm. Retrieved on 2007-12-23.
- "Lamborghini Reventon Information". LamborghiniReventon.net. http://www.LamborghiniReventon.net. Retrieved on 2007-09-23.
- "reventón - Spanish-English Translation and Pronunciation - Yahoo! Education". Yahoo! / Houghton Mifflin. http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dict_en_es/spanish/revent%F3n. Retrieved on 2007-11-06.
- "Definition of word Reventón(Spanish)". Real Academia Española(Official Spanish language academy). http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltGUIBusUsual?LEMA=revent%C3%B3n. Retrieved on 2007-10-26.
- Harper-Collins Spanish Dictionary, 3rd ed., p. 640
- "Reventon difinition". Real Academia Española. http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltGUIBusUsual?LEMA=revent%C3%B3n&origen=RAE. Retrieved on 2008-07-15.
- Lamborghini Reventon #01/20 arrives at Vegas dealership
- Lamborghini Reventón #3 of 20 on eBay
- Lamborghini delivers final Reventon to British customer
- UK gets the last Reventon - actually, it doesn’t!
« previous — Lamborghini car timeline, 1980s–2000s – marque of the Volkswagen Group
|Owner||receivership||Mimram||Chrysler||M'tec / V'Power||Audi AG|
|Founder: Ferruccio Lamborghini • Lamborghini corporate website • A marque of the Volkswagen Group|